● An employee of Family Dollar reported that someone attempted to pay for merchandise with a fraudulent twenty dollar Federal Reserve Note.
● CGPD responded to the 900 block of N 9th St. to a business at the request of the reporting party in regards to a trespass in progress. Upon CGPD police arrival, the suspect was contacted and found sleeping on a handicap vehicle parking space at the business.
During police contact, the suspect was extremely hostile, screaming and yelling to the point the case officer had to draw his department issued taser and standby for an additional patrol unit to respond in order to gain compliance from the suspect in order to identify the suspect.
After the suspect was escorted off of the business’s property, this case was taken as a trespass advisement of the involved suspect from the listed private property and additionally as an officer safety warning entry into the CGPD database indicating the suspect to be extremely hostile towards police if units make contact with him in the future.
● At 10:24 p.m., a CGPD officer responded to the 1400 block of Magnolia Gardens for a report of a suicidal subject. The subject was transported to PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center – University District in Eugene by a police officer hold.
● At 12:36 p.m., an officer contacted a male drinking alcohol at Benny Hubbell Park near Hwy 99 and Woodson. The officer issued a park exclusion to the male for 30 days.
● A CGPD officer responded to the 1500 block of Gateway Blvd. for a hit and run that had just occurred. The officer was not able to apprehend the suspect vehicle during the investigation.
● At 9:10 p.m., CGPD officers responded to the 100 block of E Harrison Ave. for a report of a male actively attempting to hang himself.
● The victim involved in this case contacted the Cottage Grove Police Department by telephone and stated they wished to report that a large business sign had been stolen overnight from a local business. The business sign was valued at approx. $500.00, with a reported $20.00 recent restoration process to the sign that had just been completed. The sign was left outside on the business property overnight placed on a nearby coffee table. No security video footage was available to review, nor was there any suspect information to further pursue. This case has been closed with no suspect information or further evidentiary avenue to pursue.
● At 10:07 p.m., a CGPD officer arrested a male for trespassing on Safeway property, located at 1500 E Main Street. The male was lodged at the jail pending court review.